Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hospitals can be fun!

I am going to attempt to upload some great photos from this past week from when the kids have visited me here at the hospital.  The WiFi is acting slow, so I hope it works.  We are just cruising along (at least for the past 3 days we have...).  Tomorrow, I will have been here for 3 weeks, and Baby Boy will officially be 29 weeks in utero!  On Monday, we had an ultrasound that estimated his weight at 2 lbs, 12 oz, which is so great!  I have set a personal goal of getting him to 3 lbs, so I think that is achievable.  The fluid around him was the same as last week, measuring about 6 cm.  This is still low compared to the average, but he is moving, growing, and it isn't lower than before, so we are happy about it.  Also, the ultrasound showed that my hematoma is a bit SMALLER than last week...more great news.  It is still right above my cervix, and connected to the placenta, which I don't think will change.

I had a pretty rough week last week, and finally got off the magnesium sulphate late Sunday afternoon.  I was on and off the magnesium a couple of times (4 total now) because of contractions, which I was not feeling, but they were consistent enough to worry the on-call doctor and nurse.  I also was battling a head cold and was so congested that I felt like I was drowning in my own snot.  That, with the higher dose of magnesium, which made every limb feel like it weighed a ton, made for the "rough" days.  I had talked with my Grandma that week, and she was talking about how it was so frustrating for her sometimes because she knew what she wanted to say, but by the time it processed and came out of her mouth, it was all wrong (she has had several strokes over the years).  I could empathize because that is how I felt.  My brain was processing everything so slowly, and I was not making sense some of the time when talking to Andy or others.  But, that is done for now, and I am very thankful to feel like myself again!!  I have showered, gotten to eat, and had bathroom privileges for just over 3 days now!!  Dr Mills and I have discussed our plan, and as of now, we have a goal of  32 weeks, which is 3 weeks from tomorrow!  At that point, we will assess how I am doing, how baby is doing, and determine what is best for both of us.  She said she will consult my high risk doctor, and we could keep baby "cooking" longer; however, I told her that I can only mentally handle thinking of doing this for 3 more weeks, so we will just keep that date in mind and cross that bridge if/when we have to!!  I mean, I am one tough Mama (so you all say...), but everyone has limits, and thinking of being here, away from my other kids and laying in bed getting more out of shape for 7 MORE weeks is too much for me to think about.  So, I don't.  I think, "We are halfway there!  Been here 3 weeks, and have 3 more to go."

Andy and the kids are doing great.  Andy is packing lunches, grocery shopping, keeping up on housework, and managing bedtimes by himself.  He is working some, has some playdates for Jordan and Drew, and has a couple meals a week coming from church friends.  He brings them up to see me a few times a week, which you will see from the photos, is a wild time.  Last Friday, Jordan challenged him pretty good by not wanting to wear her tights for dance class.  After some tough negotiating, she made it to class in her tights (but without underwear), so I would say it was a win on both sides!  Eli has had a couple mornings of not wanting to get ready and go to school, so he and Daddy have worked out a reward system, which Andy said is helping alot.  He has admitted that there is no way he would do this forever, but he is handling it so well.  I am so proud of all of them for adjusting so well!!
Eli getting some much needed Mommy snuggle time in!

Believe it or not, there are plenty of places to hide in a hospital room!






Our Group Silly Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment