Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cathy Update

Thanks to everyone for the prayers.  They are working, so please keep them up!!  I have felt great the past couple of days, with minimal contractions and bleeding, and baby boy is doing great.  They let me get up to shower daily, and I get to wear my own clothes.  I told my doctor yesterday that I felt "normal".   She replied, "Good. You can feel normal in the hospital until the baby is born."  :0  I wasn't asking to go home, but she has dealt with lots of grumpy moms on bedrest, so she was making sure I knew I wasn't going anywhere.  I assured her that it is all about perspective, and she wouldn't get that question from me.  We have done the alternative and had our babies in the NICU for 7 weeks, so if the hospital is the best place for me, then that is where I will stay!  We are all doing our part.  Andy is going to take some time off work and become Mr Mom for awhile.  He has had some help with my parents, sister's family, and now his parents, but I know he will do a great job, even after they go home!  The kids also have done great.  They have visited everyday, and aren't quite so wild now, so they are getting into the routine.  And, we haven't had any tears yet when they leave.  They are flexible kids, and even though this will be hard, they will adjust, and we will make sure to focus on the positive from it all.  Jordan just told Gigi this morning, "when something seems bad, turn it around and find something good." :)  I must admit it's from a new cartoon, but we have been embracing that quote lately at our house, and it's obviously sticking with them!

On Thursday, baby boy (yes, we have a name, but no one will know it until he is born, so don't ask) will be 27 weeks in utero.  Just checking off the goals!  I have decided that even though he is our 5th child, he likes to be unique and have some "firsts" of his own.  I have had many firsts with this pregnancy (most of which aren't on the good side), and today marks another one.  I failed my 1 hour glucose test!  So, now I have to do the 3 hour one tomorrow and get poked 4 times.  In an effort to pass, I ate one cookie this afternoon and won't eat anymore sweets today! :)  I had to get one in, in case I can't have them anymore after tomorrow...I guess I should have slowed down on the brownies the last 2 weeks, but my sweet tooth has been in full gear.  Anyway, I also get to have an ultrasound tomorrow, which I am excited about.  It will measure his fluid, size, and check out the placenta and hematoma.  Prayers for all good news please.

I know some of you have talked about sending care packages, and I always welcome gifts, but please know that I truly am filling up my time fairly easily thus far.  I have a list still of things I would like to get done before baby arrives, so I have worked on that daily.  I also make time for my morning devotional and quiet time with God, which didn't always happen at home until night time, or not at all.  I know he has been preparing me to share some of our story, and I have done so in my head a hundred times, but now I want to take the time to write some down and start processing it all more with Him. God has been very patient with me, and I am getting more inspired to share as I read more blogs from women of faith who are doing their small part of sharing His love.  A quote I read today that stuck with me from one of them was, "But my greatest limitation is God's greatest opportunity."

Happy Tuesday, and I will let you know my test results tomorrow.  Please pray for Eli to adjust going back to school okay tomorrow, since Daddy, Grandpa, Gigi and the little ones will all be home when he has to get on the bus...

No comments:

Post a Comment