Wednesday, September 5, 2012

All Good News from Doctor!

I started my day at 5:30 am with an ultrasound (not complaining-better than waiting all day for it).  Then, I got 4 blood draws to test for gestational diabetes.  My doctor, whom I love, came in at 5pm to go over all the results, and it was all good news!  First, the ultrasound showed more fluid than when we did the ultrasound on Friday morning.  It is still low, but is up to 4 cm of fluid, up from 2 cm.  She said that if/when I get up to 8 or 9 cm of fluid, if all else is going okay, she will consider sending me home!  Baby boy was up to 2 lbs, 3 oz, which is right on for his age.  This is up 4 oz from Friday, which is about right since they say babies gain about 6 oz weekly in utero right now.  Also, she said the ultrasound showed less "loose" blood, which shows up as grainy gray on the test.  This means she feels that I am not actively bleeding in utero right now.  The hematoma is the same, or maybe even smaller than it was.  It is attached the my placenta, and both are sitting right above my cervix.  This is called a partial previa.  She said that I most likely did have a partial placental abruption the night we came here, which explains the low fluid.  My water didn't "break", and the placenta regenerates, so that is why the fluid is building back up.  If this doesn't all make sense, I understand!  Please know I am trying my best to convey what she told me, but I am not a doctor.  SO...bedrest is agreeing with me.  We will take baby steps and see how I do...she is letting me use my own bathroom instead of a bedside commode; I get to sit in the chair some throughout the day; and can even get a wheelchair and go outside tomorrow if I want some fresh air.  I asked her at what point we would deliver baby boy, if all continues like this, and she said that after 36 weeks, my risks of going into labor, or having complications increases significantly, and the benefits to baby are minimal after that.  That means that we could meet baby boy 9 weeks from tomorrow, on NOVEMBER 8th.  While all of this was fantastic news, looking up that date did overwhelm me a bit.  I won't lie and say that I am excited to spend the next 9 weeks in bed, but if I had to choose whether it is me in the hospital or baby boy in the NICU, I would definitely choose me, so I will try not to complain!!  Those who live here, please come visit.  My days are long when I don't have visitors (as I discovered today).  I do plan to get some naps in some, and have pretended thus far that I am on a "Mommycation"; window shopping online, trimming my nails, plucking my eyebrows...stuff I don't find time to always do at home.  I am excited to have the Fall shows start again soon, so that I have something to watch on tv besides politics.

Also, I passed my 3 hour glucose test!  Barely, but hey, when it's pass or fail, it doesn't matter how much you pass by, does it?!? :)  Please say an extra prayer for Andy and the kids.  The kids have been fighting a virus, and all stayed home from school today.  Andy has been up at night alot, battling headaches, coughs, fevers, etc.  Fortunately, Gigi and Grandpa are still here to help. 

1 comment:

  1. Lots of great news! Not too pleased to see you didn't have any visitors today :( hope the next few days you have several to make up for it. Love you and baby boy! So so thankful to God for protecting you both. xoxo

    ReplyDelete