Sunday, January 27, 2013

Blessings Abound

Luke has been home from the hospital for 10 days now and is doing wonderful.  The older kids continue to adore him, and he looks with interest at their wild activities and sleeps through their noise.  Life is good. We are blessed!  It's not easy, but it's our journey and we are grateful to be on it with these gifts God has given us.

Today is Luke's 4 month and my Dad's 60th birthday!  It is also a day in which many went to show their love and support to our family because of my Grandma Templeton's passing.  Tomorrow morning is her funeral, and we were not able to travel to go to it because of Luke's health.  Even though we have been an Air Force family for 14 years now, we have managed to make it back to Indiana for most major family events.  It breaks my heart not to be there to hug my family and be a part of my Grandma's funeral, but I know it is the right thing to stay here, and I know she would understand.  She is looking down on us from Heaven, so she has gotten to meet Luke and is also with our son, Brady.  That gives me peace.  I will always remember her and our special time together, especially as I drink hot tea and carry on her traditional baked apples recipe each Christmas.

Today is a big day at our house for other reasons too.  Andy is resuming his training tomorrow, and I am left here to hold down the fort.  I should be sleeping now, I know, but I am a bit nervous to sleep.  I am letting God guide and help me during my times of anxiety, and He is showing me the way for sure!  I have been doing much better emontionally than I expected being home.  I have been able to leave the house a couple times for errands and let Luke be cared for by others (Andy and Ms DiAnn).  I am able to do housework and play with the older kids without worrying about Luke.  The monitors and oxygen have helped to give me more peace of mind that he is okay.  I am beyond grateful that Luke is home, healthy, and most importantly, still here.  I can't say it enough.  Praise God for answering our prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment