Sunday, October 7, 2012

Kangaroo Care

On Friday, we said goodbye to Andy's parents, who headed back to Indiana.  We all went up to the hospital after lunch so they could see Luke one more time before leaving.  Much to my surprise, the RN was taking out Luke's arterial line, which meant he could finally be held!!  For those who don't know, "kangaroo care" is skin to skin contact between a parent and their child, and it has many benefits that have been researched and proven over the years.  So, I got to hold Luke for the first time!  It was the best feeling in the world (as every Mom knows), and I wished it would have lasted forever.  Andy had Jordan and Drew there, and kept them busy with a trip to the cafeteria and books/games on the IPad, while I spent an hour and a half holding our boy.  He loved it too, making little noises that resembled a mouse squeak.  He didn't move a muscle either.  I loved it so much that after putting the kids to bed, I went back to the hospital (drove myself) and held him again for another hour that night.  On Saturday, Andy stayed home with the kids and Luke and I cuddled for about 3 hours, napping on and off together.  Today, I let Andy finally have a turn. :) I have some photos of our latest milestone, and my computer finally let me load them.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment